Sunday 3 February 2013

Exchange project 2 - Our students' answers

Our students were excited to participate in this project by offering their opinion on the podcast - episode 2 Christmas. They were very impressed with the work their Mexican peers did. It's a wonderful piece of work, inspired by their teacher Ma. Elena Delgado. Instead of having her students present a simple project on Christmas traditions in Mexico and around the world, she preferred educate her students on multiple levels. Firstly they gathered and prepared their material and then they created a podcast! 


This is where our students come in. They had to listen to the podcast very carefully and offer their opinion on many aspects of the podcast, from the technical to a simple assessment of the students' speaking and writing skills. They were also asked to offer some additional information on Greek Christmas traditions.

It was a different, fun and educative task to do! We feel inspired and thirsty for more! 

These are some of their answers:


Hello, my name is Vasso and I'm a student at Kazakou School. I listened to the recording and I think the speakers are able to communicate. They talk clearly and we understand when they talk. The recording is not clear enough because the music was loud. I didn't like the quality of the sound. I liked the celebration in Mexico. I liked it because I didn't know many things for Christmas in other countries. You did a good job! People in my city, Thessaloniki, celebrate Christmas in their homes, eating traditional food and singing Christmas songs. But there is a custom in the island of Chios, in the Aegean Sea. Every parish competes for the best model boat. The people of every parish build a model boat and then they put them in the sea. The best boat wins and the church of the parish rings the bells!


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Hello Everyone!my name is John Konstantinidis and I am studying English at Kazakou Language School!Here is my opinion about your podcast!:) I think that all of you know how to express their ideas when using the English language! The students communicate their facts very well and this gives a very nice final result. Everyone speaks very clearly and we are able to understand easily about what they are talking about. Their accent is a little strange but I like the way they speak! Their ideas are very coherent and interesting! They are giving very interesting information about different countries around the world. The sound quality is good enough to be understood but it could be better. The background music is very nice and takes me to the feeling of Christmas! You could also add something at the end because I think the space that you have left is very long…The whole result is very impressive! I think they worked very hard to reach that level of speaking! The background music is very nice and the content is very interesting. Something that made me an impression was that firstly the carols had been sang in English! All that time I thought that the carols were sung in Italian! Moreover I was surprised when I heard that the carols were composed in the 19th Century! The students could also make a video about Christmas around the world!


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*- 

Hi! I’m Helen T. I think that the recording about Christmas was nice. It is clear enough and I love the music. The music fit exactly the text and it was in the right volume. I would listen to the recording without it, but I prefer it with the music in it. The students are able to communicate their ideas. I could understand what they wanted to say. The accent is a bit strange, but it’s beautiful. In my view, it was great work and a great recording. The result is successful. I think all of the recording was interesting, but I liked the part about Mexico the most. I also found interesting the Japanese and Indian traditions. I want to congratulate the students who made it. The information, the music and the way you tell us everything about Christmas is exciting and interesting. I wish you the best of luck! 


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hello everyone in Mexico! My name is Kiriakos. I listened to your Episode 2 about Christmas and I think that the speakers can communicate very well. Their ideas and the text was very good. I didn't like the recording very much because it wasn’t clear enough. I didn't like the quality of the sound because I couldn’t understand the girls. The girls were speaking very clearly though! I liked the music in the background, but I’d prefer to listen to the girls without the music. Your project is successful, but next time you must think the quality of the sound. Christmas in Brazil made me a great impression. It would be better if the music in the background wasn’t so loud. I liked the song in the end. On Christmas eve, children sing the carols and they go in many houses because they get money! On Christmas time, families gather together and they eat and drink a lot! On New Year’s eve people gather in houses and they wait for the new year to come. They have dinner together and at 12 o’clock they wish Happy New Year to each other and they watch a fireworks display. They drink champagne and they eat a special pie. Its name is Vassilopita, which means Santa Claus’ pie. Inside the pie there is a coin. The pie is cut in pieces and whoever gets the piece with the coin, will be lucky for the whole year. Good luck!


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-


Hi!I am Ioulia from miss Maria's class. Firstly, I want to say that the music transfers you in the Christmas climate. I also want to add is that the whole recording is interesting, but the most interesting traditions are about Mexico and India. I think that these traditions are more interesting because I did not know about them. I think that when the second girl was talking ,she was stopping too many times. That's all I hope that this information I will help you..! Traditions in Greece: Children go and sing the carols.We also decorate the Christmas tree and we do family gatherings! 


-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hi everyone,
Μy name's Konstantinos and Ι'm from Greece. I'm a student at Kazakou Languages School,
I consider that your effort is very good and i really appreciate your work!
 I’m sure that you are able to communicate , even though there may be some technical problems. However your project was good enough. The narration was nicely done , although there were some interference at some points. Your ideas were coherent verifying your opinions. The recording was of good quality and I understood it easily. Your idea of using music in the background was really innovative. It was very pleasant for me to listen to it. It was very clever and creative! If there was no music at all, it would be less enjoyable. Your work helped us learn a lot about Christmas in Mexico and other countries .I mostly liked the way Indians decorated their houses I think it was an educational piece of work ,in general. I think more information about different countries could be added , so we could learn even more things about Christmas!

You can read all of the answers here

It was a breath of fresh air! Preparing something completely different is always more exciting!

Stay tuned! More to come!


No comments:

Powered By Blogger